Friday, March 12, 2010

Who am I ?

Hi !

My name's Jean-François and I'm a Chef in Quebec, Canada. I'm 27 years old and happily married to my wife Jennifer with who I have a wonderful daughter, Windia, and waiting for our second one.

During my life, I've done a lot of career change, I guess I just didn't know exactly what I wanted from this. I've been a game designer, but sitting behind a desk all day wasn't so appealing to me, I needed some change. That's why I started to do web designing, which, even though I was behind a desk, was more appealing because I had more stuff to do here and there. As web designing went, I decided to do my own company called Magitech Enterprises, a web hosting and wen designing company. Unfortunatly it didn't work and in 2005 I closed the company and went over a bankruptcy.

It's in 2007 that I started working again after years of questionning. Because my wife and I were looking for both an appartment and job, we ended up working in a funeral home (they offered both). I started to love the funeral business at the point I started studying it. In the meanwhile, I started to get my way around the kitchen, watching the food network, imitating their ways and tasting a lot of things. Since I had always a week a free time, my wife and I would go just to any kind of restaurant from fastfood, to breakfast and brunches, to high gastronomy restaurants which developped my pallet even more. It was too soon that my funeral career ended but emotionally it was very difficult for me to pursue that line mainly because of the kids. Having kids of your own, you don't want to picture them deceased, so I took a class in Culinary Art school which I couldn't complete due to financial problems.

It's in January 2010 that I finally got my prayers answered after filling up so many forms and papers that I'm sure I could fill my whole bathroom with them, that I acquired financial aid, allowing my family to live fully and for me it meant I could go back to school, so I registered again for Culinary Art school, which I should have some news during March. In the meanwhile I acquired Chef experience by many chefs around my little place of the world, knowing to know the kitchen, the tastes, the balances, and so on.

In this blog, I won't only talk about food, but also restaurants I've been too and get them my own little critics because they are good restaurant to eat to or maybe just really bad that you don't want to set foot in there. I'm not only considering the food chains, but every kind of restaurants. Of course, I will be reviewing some popular chains (no... not McDonalds, sorry) that are smaller and those will be reviewed only by area since that you'd eat at let's say a Scores in Montreal, well it will taste different than the one in St-Eustache because the Chef is not the same, the crew is not the same, and so on, but I won't be hitting my head too much with those chains unless they really impressed me.

I will also be reviewing a lot of kids-friendly restaurants since I go more to them lately since I have a kid and how kids menu are treated there.

Finally, I will also be posting my personal receipes (mostly kid friendly as well) that have a wide range of style with pictures and very clear explanations, so you can make them at home too. Many of them ranges from easy to do to very hard to do but in the end, we're all here to learn, aren't we ?

So, thank you for reading my blog and I beg you all good eating !

No comments:

Post a Comment